Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Proposal

It was February 17, 2005. I woke up and was about to get ready for work when I saw an envelope. I opened it up and it said to get dressed, that I didn't have to go to work because it was covered by Trevor and then to read the next card. The next card told me to drive myself to the first place Robby and I saw each other. So I got in my car, drove to the institute building where we had church and found another card there. --- Sidenote, I got hit on while I was there and was about to tell the person "BACK OFF I'm getting proposed to right now!" but I didn't and just said I had to leave. Lol.

The next card sent me to where we first talked. It was at Family Home Evening at the Temple in the church across the street. We were eating donuts and drinking hot chocolate. Robby saw me get away from my then current boyfriend who was making me upset. I think it was something along the lines of he was telling me about the date he just went on with another girl... So I saw Robby and decided we should talk so I could make the current boyfriend jealous. Sidenote--- Girls are evil. :)

I looked EVERYWHERE for a card and could not find one! I tried calling Robby several times and couldn't get a hold of him. So I was sitting in the parking lot trying to figure out what to do. I finally get a hold of Robby's friend Brian and tell him there is nothing there. So he talked to Robby and told me to go to where we had our first kiss. I found out later that Robby had written me a beautiful poem and had a cd player there to play a song to me. I'm really sad someone stole it. :(

I went to Robby's house where we had our first kiss and under the love sack was a pile of Hershey's kisses and a card saying to go to where we first said "I love you." That was just in the next room over so I went there and found a card saying to go to Papago Peak. He gave me directions but of course I got lost and had to call him. I finally found it and hiked up to the top. I am not a hiker but luckily this only took me 5 minutes. :) Then at the top there was a CD player and a note saying to play the song and close my eyes. It was our song and when it finished, I opened my eyes and he was right in front of me.

He told me he wanted to be with me forever and asked me to marry him. I of course started crying because he was tearing up and said "YES!" We hadn't bought a ring yet so he borrowed my mom's ring and put it on my finger. We then sat at the top of the peak and looked out over the city of Tempe. I took 2 pictures on my really old camera phone and hopefully some day I will download them off of that. :)

This reminds me that we need to get back to that peak. We have talked for years about going to it and haven't. Maybe we will this year...

2 comments:

Heather said...

OMG! I love this! What a great proposal.

Safari said...

WOW....That is a great proposal. Robby never shared with us how he proposed to you. He get's the romantic side from his father! And yes girls are evil and boys would not have us any other way.
Happy we can share you as our other daughter. Love ya-