13. We went to Disneyland as a family of 4 in February and had a blast! Grace's favorite part was meeting the princesses. Joey's was too. :)
12. Grace turned 3 in May. She became more vocal and has perfected her pouty lip. She loves to dress up as a princess, and was thrilled to get her ears pierced. Grace started preschool through the city. She loves going twice a week and has been learning so much. Joey and I have loved our one on one time too. And I have enjoyed getting a lot more errands done with just one kid.
11. We got to spend Grace's birthday in Arizona with her birth families. I love the connections she has and our open adoption has become so much more than I ever thought it would!
10. Robby's brother Ryan got married and we have another sister in law! All of us adore Kolette and we are so happy she is in our family!
9. Robby transitioned from doing more software engineering to managing servers at his company. It's a lot more hours, and he's almost always "on call", but he loves learning something new every day.
8. We got to fly to Utah in May to meet our new niece Penny and new nephew Jack. I love that they are so close in age, double cousins, and yet still look so different. They are both darling and so cuddly.
7. Robby and I decided as a family that we will no longer be attending the LDS church. It has been a new journey in learning how to live our lives without a religion, but it has been very good for our family. We are excited to learn and grow more through the years.
6. We have made several very close friends in California who are there for us for everything. I hurt my back, and my friend took my kids for the day. I can't get Grace from preschool, and another friend will bring her home. Without family living close, we have found this group feels like our family. They are there to celebrate our successes, and are our shoulder to lean on during our struggles. They are truly incredible friends.
5. I started going along with a photographer friend and have been learning a lot about my camera, and the photography business. I bought myself a new lens, and I've started taking more pictures of our kids. I'm hoping I can continue to learn and maybe even grow a business out of it.
4. Joey turned 2! He went from a sweet baby to a huge temper tantrum throwing toddler. He is so active and constantly runs around. He is also very snuggly and always wants me to take naps with him.
3. In September, we were able to attend Grace's birth mom's wedding. Grace was the flower girl and though she completely missed the aisle, it was so sweet to see them dance together in their white dresses and red sashes.
2. For Thanksgiving, we were able to go to Arizona for Robby's Grandpa's 90th birthday. It was so fun to spend all the time with cousins and extended family. And I hope, one day, my life is as full as Grandpa's.
1. We had a wonderful white Christmas in Utah and loved spending time with our family. We were able to play poker, and games, watch Sherlock, and play with all the cousins.
10 Days Until Forever | Favorite LDS Adoption Book
10 months ago