Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Open Adoption

I get a lot of questions about Open Adoption. It's a fairly new thing but Robby and I felt really strongly that we should have one. I knew that if I were a birth mother or father, I would want to be able to not just believe my child was being loved, but I would want to know it. I would want to see it.

I also wanted our children to be able to have their questions about their birth families answered by their birth families. I can tell Grace a billion times that Kayla loved her and that is why Kayla placed her with us, but I know Grace would always wonder. I love having Kayla and Austin be able to be there to answer her questions and to be able to show her love.

And because I love moments like this...



I am SO grateful for 2 people who were willing to put their own wants aside and do what they felt was best for Grace. They are incredibly amazing people. I love them both dearly.

If you have questions, feel free to ask!

No comments: