Monday, November 1, 2010

National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month! The R House gave everyone involved in the adoption world a challenge to write about adoption everyday for the month of November. So, I'm going to attempt this challenge and write about my love for adoption, the myths surrounding adoption, and anything else I can think of that is adoption related. Feel free to share stories with me or if you would like to write to me so I can include your story, feel free to write me at robbyandangeeadopt@gmail.com.

It was a year ago yesterday that our wonderful Bishop asked us if we would be willing to talk to a young woman in our ward who was expecting. He wanted us to just share our feelings on adoption and hopefully be able to persuade her to place her child since she was not married and marriage was not an option for them. I, of course, said I would love to talk to her. He passed on our information to her and a few weeks later we got a call.... But I'll leave that for another day. :)

No comments: