Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mama!

After no babbling at all, Joey has now discovered how to say MAMA!  Grace's first babbles were DADA so I'm just a little glad that Joey said Mama first.  :)  I went to put him to bed and he was pretty sad.  I was about to walk out and he said Mamamama.  So I immediately teared up and walked right back to his crib and gave him a smooch.  He thought I was rescuing him so he was a little ticked off when I walked away.  Lol.  After a little crying, he said Mamama again.  Little cheater.  Grace did not enjoy the new words and kept saying "Jojo! Sleep!"  So, I had to go back in!  I picked him up and rocked him and sang songs.  I attempted a few Disney Ballads (selections from Tangled, Mulan, and Hercules) but couldn't remember all of the words!  Blasphemous I know!  But then I started Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid and sang every word.  Grace and Joey were silent through the whole thing so I'm guessing they really liked my rendition.  Normally Grace screams NO! when she wants me to stop.  After I set Joey back down, he still wasn't calming down.  I wanted Grace to be able to sleep so I picked him up to go rock in my room.  Grace was NOT having that!  She kept screaming JOJO, BED!  I tried walking out, but it just escalated.  I guess she was ok with him crying for a few minutes because they both passed out within 3 minutes.

Lol.  I loved every bit of this sweet moment and wanted to write it down so I could remember it on the harder days.

Here's some pictures of my two little cuties.  They sure adore each other!  They may not share blood, but they are as close as any siblings could be!


Snuggles.  :)


Whenever Joey is drinking a bottle, Grace wants her "Nilkie" (milk) too!


Waiting at the chiropractor's office.  I threw my back out a few weeks ago and the chiro has been helping a lot!  He loves the kids too!  Grace loves going for the treats and movie in the front room.  


Seems like the only time I break out the camera is at the very end of the day.  They love to snuggle close in their PJs.  I love dressing them in "Themes" too.  This day was "Sports" with Joey in Baseball and Grace in Dance jammies.  We also have Monsters & Fairies and both in Frogs.  

I am so incredibly blessed to be a mommy!  These two light up my life and every day I am thankful for their two amazing and courageous birth mothers!

No comments: