Monday, July 23, 2012

Toddler Bed


Grace is such a big girl!  We decided to switch her to a toddler bed.  The first night I told Grace she had to stay in bed or I would turn her bed around.  She kept getting out so I flipped it around.  She eventually fell asleep but was mad.  The next day for naps, she asked me to turn it around without even attempting to sleep.  I thought she missed the closeness and was scared of the open space.  So I flipped it around.  I figured that would be the end of the toddler bed but that night she surprised me.  I went and bought a video monitor so I could check to make sure she was staying in bed.  She tried getting out twice and I just told her without opening the door to get back in bed.  After 10 minutes, she was asleep.  I couldn't believe it!  It's been 2 more days and every nap and bedtime she has stayed in the toddler bed.  She fell out once the first night but hasn't again since.  She loves being able to climb in and out, but has also been good about waiting for me to come get her.  She is waking a little early in the morning and wants to climb in our bed so I'm thinking of getting a color changing clock to teach her when to get out of bed.  We'll see how that goes.  :)  For now, I'm so proud of my little girl!

No comments: