Friday, November 30, 2012

Grace's Adoption Day!

 

2 years ago 11/30


Last year 11/30


Today 11/30

Today was Grace's adoption day!  2 years ago she officially became a Colvin.  I'm so lucky to be her mom.  I got to drop Joey off at a friends, and spend the whole morning with just me and Grace.  We went to see Rise of the Guardians and Grace had a blast eating candy and watching a movie.  She loved being able to climb on my lap and not having to share anything with Joey.  After that, we went and bought her a balloon.  Due to a helium shortage, we had to buy a cheap balloon on a stick, but she was super happy about it.  Then we grabbed lunch and went back to get Joey.  I spent the time in the car telling her about her birth parents, saying how glad we are she was placed in our home, and that I am so happy I am her mommy.  It was such a fun time and I'm so glad that I got to spend time with her one on one.  I love being her mommy and that she is my baby.

And, funny story...  When we went to the movie, the ticket lady must have over heard me call Grace "Sis".  After the movie, the lady who took our tickets when we got there was talking to Grace and calling her Princess and said, "Oh, your sister is a princess too."  I was dying laughing.  I guess I still look young enough to be Grace's big sister.  I didn't have the heart to correct her.  ;)

No comments: