Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just Wanted to Fill You In

Robby was offered a new job and decided to take it. He gave his 2 week notice and then his current job said, Ok, your last day is Friday, in 3 days. Yikes! We've been saving up for several months so we're totally fine but it came as a bit of a shock. Well, more for me because there were a few lay offs the day before that made it the final straw for Robby. Robby will have 3 full weeks at home to work on projects that he already has lined up and was worried about having enough time for them so we're pretty excited about that. I'm going to be working some extra overtime at my job to bring in some extra money just for padding and because Robby won't have to go in early to a job and stay longer and not get paid more for extra hours. I'm SOOOOO thankful we both have jobs and do not have some of the expenses that we would have if we had kids. It will push going to the doctor back a month but it's not the end of the world. I can't even imagine how someone that just got laid off and not have a job and how that would feel. Even this, I was terrified out of my mind and we have plenty of money to cover the bills and a job that will start soon. I'm so grateful for everything we have and for the blessings we haven't gotten yet but that I know are waiting for us. :)

No comments: