Tuesday, November 3, 2009

National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month. As a potential adoptive mother, I just want to say how wonderful adoption is. But, I'm not very eloquent. So, I have a few people that I wanted to share with you that epitomize adoption. Enjoy...


The first story is Andee's. She changed my whole perspective on Birth Moms. I thought I had a pretty good idea of what a Birth Mother was like. I thought they were usually young and made a mistake but ultimately did love this baby but had to place their baby for adoption. I knew they were selfless and wonderful. But, as a potential parent, I didn't think I wanted them in my life after they placed the baby. Andee completely changed my mind. She is the most wonderful woman and I hope we meet someone exactly like her. If you have a chance, you should read her adoption story. It can be found here, here, here, and here. Yes, it's 4 parts and very long, but I can tell you, I was bawling in my chair at work and couldn't stop reading it. I knew I wanted to adopt from the second I started reading this. (It also happened to coincide almost to the day of when we found out our options were slim on getting pregnant, it was truly an answer to a thousand prayers). She is one amazing woman and the relationship she has with Andrea (the adoptive mom) is what I can only hope to have. They truly have been so inspiring to me. :)

The next is Mrs. R. She is pretty much an idol in the adoption world. Everyone knows her or knows of her. She has been doing adoption/infertility inspired jewelry and now adoption inspired children's clothing on etsy. Some of my favorites are here, here, and here. She recently was fighting to keep her baby Gavin in their family. The heartaches that her family went through, I cannot even imagine and I hope never to experience. But the joy they have now, celebrating that Gavin is one step closer to being part of their forever family is so amazing to me. I look forward to the day when I see them all in white (in a picture on her blog) to go inside the temple together and become an eternal family. She has changed my opinion so much on adoption. She too has 2 great Birth Mothers who she has VERY close relationships with. She is such an inspiration to me. I look forward to reading about her every day. She's posting all month about Adoption, including my favorite segment, AABM (Ask a Birth Mom). You can read all the segments here.

The last one I'll share with you today is a little closer to home... Well not really seeing as they live so far away, but it's Robby's cousin and their dear family. They recently sealed their baby girl to them for Eternity. I was so excited to get to know them and ask them all sorts of random questions on the adoption process. You can see their sweet baby all in white here. We are so excited to have another sweet spirit in our family.

Adoption is seriously so wonderful and has touched my life in so many ways. I have become a much stronger, humble, and better person because of adoption. I am so excited to continue to grow in this process. Next week, we are taking pictures with this awesome lady and we will be able to have some adoption pass along cards that have more recent pictures on them. Feel free to email me your address and I will send them out to you shortly. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Angee! Thanks for the shout out. ;) We are so excited for you and Robby and can't wait to see how your story unfolds. It will be miraculous for sure. The waiting and finding can be hard sometimes but it is all part of the experience and only makes your baby's arrival that much sweeter. Keeping you guys in our prayers and sending you lots of love.